Friday, March 14, 2008

Morning Sickness

It’s nine o’clock and I am sitting here trying to decide whether to cry or throw up. Not a good way to start your day. Is it a case of the flu that is going around or maybe even what the title is hinting at…NOT. No, it’s floralshowentryjudgephobia.

My former friend, Jenny B., who lives next door to us in sunny, happy, no-worries, we’re all here to relax Florida, talked me into entering her garden club flower show. WHAT WAS I THINKING!?

I don’t do competition. I gave up several careers because THEY INVOLVED COMPETITION on some level.

Okay, I've decided. I wanna puke. Crying is not going to cover it.

I mean to tell you, I'm an obsessive freak. I was constructing flowers at TWO O'FREAKING CLOCK this morning. How sick is that?

So Chris just came in from walking Remy. “How’s it look?”
I dunno. I wanna puke.
Well, did you at least finish it?
Yeah, I wanna puke. Keep the aisle open to the bathroom.
What do you think of it?
I dunno. I really wanna puke.

Now for the horrible, cruel, awful part of all this. I can’t go back into the show until 1:00. I won’t know anything until 1:00. That is FOUR HOURS from now. Who are these people? Sadistic floral &%^&$#$s. I mean, is this their idea of fun? Torturing innocent flower arranging dweebs, like me?


So I guess you have to wait for the results in a later blog. I wanna puke.

Here is a look at three of the four entries in the category.




I’m taking names too!

The St. Lucie West Garden Club
“Spring Magic”
A Standard Flower Show
Outdoor Resorts of Port St. Lucie
1:00 to 5:00 today
Free Entry

OTHER NOTES
Today is the 101st anniversary of my mother’s birth. Happy Birthday Mom. I hope you are surrounded by love and peace.

No comments: